what is this fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am probably wrong but it looks very much like a freshwater bream, looks like one a caught in my local reservoir recently lol

well i caught this the other day it has a lot in common with a carp their mouths are identical but the fins are blood red

Just checked and looks like a roach, or that's what it would be called in uk

there silver on the bottom going gold to a light brown on the top but from the top and mouth it looks like a carp

Does it like like this, I can't see the fin layout in your pics, this is a roach.

image-3568931720.jpg

very similar to that but te mouth looks different we thought ig could be a roach-carp hybrid but i may just be being dumb lol

Here's a picture I've just found which is listed as a roach-carp hybrid

image-3109254128.jpg

that looks VERY similar so i may have been right all along always nice to see something new

Nice looking fish whatever it is, due to the awful weather we've had this summer, at least I think it's the summer, but anyway I love coarse fishing but prefer to not do it in the rain so haven't got there as much as I'd have liked, I usually just fish for carp but sometimes something else will decide to have a nibble, can't beat a nice long sunny day sat at the side of a lake watching the world go by and hopefully a big catch of fish to go with it, perfect! I did manage to go sea fishing last week and had mackerel most days which were great dropped on the BBQ for supper lol

no catch and release on barbless hooks i like to see healthy fish if it was trout or salmon it wouldve been a different matter lol

well this was in wales, uk and the weather in the day was nice but we were fishing right under a thunderstorm in the night but it was well worth it

Lol as the majority of users on here seem to be from US I wrongly just assumed you were as well, the sea fishing last week was down on south coast near bridport and made a nice change, weather forecast by me in northants for the weekend is well in the 80's so gonna give the local reser a bash with any luck, if you carp fish you may well have heard of Drayton Reservoir as its one of the top carp resers in the uk, its less than half a mile away, had some brilliant days there.

well i have got permission to fish and atock a private lake with the owners grandson as long as we dont make a mess which is no problem tbh and we also have rights to fish 200-300metres of the river less thn 15metres away from the lake so im really lucky atm

well im going to fish all around the lake to see what fish are in it as iv been told all the big carp were at the other end from where we were fishing underneath a bridge going to the island

Back
Top Bottom