What size filter will i need for my new tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With just Goldie's what's my full stock capicity . I would always understock but interesting to know.

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Is it cruel not to up my schooling fish schools. I have hiding places for them. They are now all in the new 119gallon tank. Its massive

That is a matter of opinion but personally I would up both to six.

Im thinking of eventually having 6goldies, would this be overcrowded if I up schools to 6 danios and 6 cloud miniows with the 2 platys on top.

If it is then I don't think il up the schools and slowly fade them out ie let the current ones live happily out there lifespan but not replace once they die. Same with the platys

I thought the rule was 20gallons for the first fancy then 10gallons each after, that works out to 10 full stock. But of course I would never have that many. This is thinking in terms of goldfish only in the tank. My tank is 119 us gallons 465 litres.

Run two tanks.
That's what I would do.
Goldfish.
Danio etc.
Your smaller system is more than enough for danios.
Then your 6 Goldie's would def be ok.

Then you still have the smallest tank as a QT.

Perfect.

I don't have room to keep all the tanks. I went out and got 3 danios. I felt bad for my 2danios so got them 3friends. Gona go with original plan 4 fancies 6danios, 6minniows and the 2platys.

I think now I just won't replace platys when they have lived out there life span. But will keep replacing schooling fish. And just have 4 fancies.

That seems like a great idea.

However, you could run two tanks if you have room under your stand, or if you want to build a stand ;)

Anyways, glad you reached a happy medium and that I could help.

-Raymond​

For my 55 gallon I use 2 fluval 70s which works wonders. I wouldn't go with marine land because my last penguin bio wheel melted :tgv:

Now thinking I may might run another tank so I can have just 2 platys and up goldfish to 6. In the 465 litre

Hi update. I got 2 new goldies. Couldn't help it. SO that's me stocked now

The new kids on the block

Attachments

• 1417540674671.jpg
    1417540674671.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 1417540686667.jpg
    1417540686667.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 54