What type of fish is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tormented

Aquarium Advice Regular
We moved to this house and it already had a pond, but it used to be a sespool (have no idea how to spell that). It have hundreds of misquito fish, a few gold fish, little black cat fish, red eared turtles (not the small sliders), and the mystery fish. Oh and the many snakes.

The fish looks like a cichlid, its is a deep red and has ice blue fins. I would tank a picture but they are super fast.

We have lived here almost a year and i am just seeing them, like i said they are super fast.

Get a dipnet and collect one for a photo. Red and blue fins sounds like a bluefin killifish but they are not in range there. What's the body shape like? Is it shaped like a sunfish? or slender like a minnow?

Oh and they are about 3 inches long? The shape is like this
images

Not to thread jack, but does anyone know where you can buy sunfish? I have a 135 gallon RES tank I'm preparing for the summer and I want to use native fish in it which would be sunnies. Some are very attractive like the long ear and blue spotted. Some strains are on aquabid but not all. My local hatchery doesn't really have them just trout.

Not to thread jack, but does anyone know where you can buy sunfish? I have a 135 gallon RES tank I'm preparing for the summer and I want to use native fish in it which would be sunnies. Some are very attractive like the long ear and blue spotted. Some strains are on aquabid but not all. My local hatchery doesn't really have them just trout.

I'd be happy to catch you some!

Thanks appreciate the responses ill check that site out. Haha that would be cool if you caught some but how would ya ship em/how much? I live on Long Island/NY.

Thanks appreciate the responses ill check that site out. Haha that would be cool if you caught some but how would ya ship em/how much? I live on Long Island/NY.

It was more of a joke, but I could probably do 2 day priority shipping + 10$ for the fish. Gotta wait for fishing season though.

Back
Top Bottom