ACF best filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paul87

Aquarium Advice Addict
My gf has a 10 gallon tank with an African clawed frog and I was wondering what kind of filter I'd best for this messy critter. It currently has an aqua-tech 5-15 power filter from Walmart. Its a pretty quite filter and doesn't put much flow into the tank. I know they are sensitive to vibration and currents but I want to keep it clean with it being a good size frog in a little 10 gallon tank. Its a bare bottom tank with a few nerite snails in it. I also have an annubias Nana attached to a piece of Malaysian driftwood in there. I ordered some greater duckweed the other day too. That's as far as I'm going with plants and anything for that matter. I've been battling algae blooms too which is why I am trying the greater duckweed plus I like it. Not as much of a pain as regular tiny duckweed either. Back to my question though. I read the whispers are good filter for them cause they are quite and don't disturb the water as bad as others. But what would be good for this high waste frog? A whisper 20 or even a 30 maybe? Any input or suggestions much appreciated!

Aqueon makes a good power filter i have flucal hob filters in my 55 they are great i think. Cant resly go wrong tho.. Even marineland has the biowheel power filter

Mine does fine with a penguin 350 in a 20g. Just a piece of info for you, in a 10g, please keep an eye on your water parameters. I would get something that's gonna over filter since he's only in a 10g. I had mine in a 10g and it was hard to keep the water parameters pristine. Once your water starts taking a turn for the worse his webbed feet will start to rot. That's one of the first signs

I learned the hard way that nerite snails and ACFs don't mix.... I couldn't figure out why the tank was milky even after a 50% water change... Then saw my (very well fed) Frogs tearing apart poor little snailies, and leaving the "meat" to decay, causing the cloudy water :/

Back
Top Bottom