ACFs with "balloon leg"!! Ever heard or seen this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlanders001

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've been in the aquarium hobby for 22 years and worked inthe industry for 17 years. I have kept numerous frogs and other amphibiansin that time. Now I have 2 ACFs at amaintenance tank or mine with what I call "Balloon Leg". It looks like the outer skin on just the thighsonly has been filled with water like a half filled floppy water balloon. Very squishy. I know what you may be thinking, but there is absolutely no red patches,streaks or other redness on these frog's legs or body. I don't think its Red Leg. Cant be - no red anywhere.

Anyone heard or seen this before? Any treatment options?
20141010_154430.jpg
[/IMG]

If the image does not work go to this link to view the frog. Please take a look.....
20141010_154430.jpg Photo by jlanders001 | Photobucket

looks like this

Sent from my LGLS740 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1423273510982.jpg
    1423273510982.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 114
Treated with Koi-Zyme

I had a picture of it, but now the picture will not open for unknown reasons.

Anyway, 3 out 4 of my frogs that had this condition unded up dying. The surviver has recovered pretty well. Treated with Koi-Zyme. Expensive, but it seemed to slowly do the trick.

ok should i separate them

So you are an "Aquarium Advice Freak"? Does that mean you are a freak about giving advice, or getting advice?

Top part of my post disappeared!

I tried to say that if only one of them has it, then yes I would move him to another smaller tank. I'm no 100% sure that Koi-Zyme was the definite cure, but its what I would treat with again. Seems to take months for it to go all the way back down.

A couple people sell it on ebay. VERY concentrated stuff designed for ponds.

So you are an "Aquarium Advice Freak"? Does that mean you are a freak about giving advice, or getting advice?

I believe the designation (newbie, freak, addict, etc) is based on the number of posts one makes.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Nah. Got thousands of posts on other aquarium forums. Does that make me a "Newbie" with 23 years of experience here?

Oh. You meant the automatic titles the site gives you. Sorry, misunderstood.

Should I keep the 40 or so guppies in there with the frogs or should I get feeder tank
I have 30long in there I have : 4 albino Cory's
1 bristle nose an
1 Chinese algae eater
Is that to much

What's it caused by ?
I do above avg water cleaning
A little over feeding of feeder fish
Today I have 80 eggs corys

Attachments

• 1424052217809.jpg