ADF 1 gal per inch & plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
would getting a filter from a salt water tank do anything bad or different from the alternative?

darn.... well thanks for setting me straight so far everyone

it'd probably add a little salt but if you have no fish it'd be ok but with the adf i doubt it live with salt.

no,a filter from a saltwater tank wouldnt work,saltwater has different good bactereia that wouldnt help a freshwater tank

are you sure bc that makes absolutely no sense. how could here be different bacteria when the bacteria comes from the air.

any confirmation on that? also would introducing plant life assist in any way?

yes plants can eat ammo nitrites and nitrates but you have to have good enough lighting but i think java moss java fern and anubius nana would do great with and flourescent lighting.

yes my buddies dad has a great big 40 some gallon tank that i am looking into getting a filter from him.

then try that if you cant get filter media get some gravel and some panty hose. wash the panty hose in old tank water put the gravel in them and drop them in your trank

are you sure bc that makes absolutely no sense. how could here be different bacteria when the bacteria comes from the air.
im not sure why...i read it on here somewhere.i think its got something to do with the resistance to salt.

alright thanks guys. at least i am getting a plan set together.

so now knowing that i cannot trust the listed gallons from the pet store, where can i find a reliable source for 10 gallon fish?

alright thanks guys. at least i am getting a plan set together.

so now knowing that i cannot trust the listed gallons from the pet store, where can i find a reliable source for 10 gallon fish?

Some popular choices that are appropriate for 10 gals are, guppies, platties, dwarf gourami, betta, endlers livebearer, neon tetra, ember tetra, micro rasboras, kuhli loaches, scarlet badis, celestial pearl danio, sparkling gourami, dwarf shrimp/cray, nerite snails.

Some popular choices that are appropriate for 10 gals are, guppies, platties, dwarf gourami, betta, endlers livebearer, neon tetra, ember tetra, micro rasboras, kuhli loaches, scarlet badis, celestial pearl danio, sparkling gourami, dwarf shrimp/cray, nerite snails.

But not all at the same time! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom