ADF behaviour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schmee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi
I got four ADFs today and introduced them to my tank over about 45 mins. They were very active while i was acclimatising them. However, i now haven't seen two of them for hours. i'm a bit worried as i know they need to breathe from the surface and it's only a 10 gallon tank, although they are very small. In general, they are all behaving very differently. One hangs around the front of the tank all the time and is very active which i thought was unusual. He/she goes up for air very regularly, perhaps 10 times an hour or more. Another had taken up residence in a tunnel and comes out very seldom. The other two i last saw around 5 or 6 hrs ago. i'm not watching constantly sure but it seems strange and i'm worried they might have gotten trapped and drowned.
My question is though, is this normal behaviour for african dwarf frogs? Any of the behaviours i described? With the exception of when i first introduced them, they haven't been doing much hanging about around the tank. Perhaps they just need to get settled?

The frog may be adjusting to it's new habitat. It is a tricky process.

Sometimes ADF are very active, sometimes not. I wouldn't be overly concerned about the hiding. Some do that a lot.

in the morning they should be not much active at night they should be much active

Back
Top Bottom