ADF eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharpchick

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Got up this morning to feed the tanks and saw that the weeks of singing and mating finally had results.

ADF eggs on the salvinia minima...

73133-albums11916-picture54987.jpg

73133-albums11916-picture54988.jpg

I have no idea if they will hatch riding on top of floating plants. If they do, I have no idea what I'll do with survivors.

I think the jelly like liquid will preserve the eggs until they hatch. Most frogs lay eggs on top of objects in rivers or ponds.

You could always take some water from your aquarium and put it a clean spray bottle that has a mist setting and whenever they look like they need some moisture give them a spray.

They look plenty moist.

And there's a gazillion of them. I have two female and one male ADFs.

ETA: And he's still singing, almost every night.

This is the darndest thing.

I *never, ever* thought they would hatch. They are in a tank with a betta, for cryin' out loud. And if by some small chance they hatched, surely he'd look at them and say, "Yay! Snacks..."

But no, he's actually swimming around and through them. Dozens of them.

I took 20 pics trying to capture them in a photo.

Circled in red.

73133-albums12277-picture55543.jpg

73133-albums12277-picture55542.jpg

73133-albums12277-picture55541.jpg

And daddy's still singing...

This is the darndest thing.

I *never, ever* thought they would hatch. They are in a tank with a betta, for cryin' out loud. And if by some small chance they hatched, surely he'd look at them and say, "Yay! Snacks..."

But no, he's actually swimming around and through them. Dozens of them.

I took 20 pics trying to capture them in a photo.

Circled in red.

And daddy's still singing...

Are you going to sell the babies? I would love to have a few! I had a brand new 29 gallon tank given to me a few weeks ago, and it will be ready soon! :)

If they make it, I'll probably try to work a deal with my LFS owner for store credit.

Hi all, I started a similar thread and could use some help. It is in the same forum and titled Adf eggs/tadpoles. Please check it out if you are able to offer me any help? thanks!

Back
Top Bottom