ADF frog in filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddodad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 2 adfs in my community tank for the past 3 months all is great I feed them directly so I know they eat. My issue is in the last couple days I found one with its legs caught in the filter intake a few times. Once I free hi

Sorry accidentally posted

Once I free him he is perfectly fine and active then later on he is back in. Any advice to avoid this?

Thanks

Mine digs himself a little hole and sits under the filter, but yea. Think it's a little bit too strong for them

bettaowner said:
Get a filter that isn't so strong.

I don't really think this is a good answer..

You can try using a sponge prefilter. Fluval makes one. It's basically a sponge that covers the intake.

Adf like still water that means no filter or bubbles it stresses them out its like constantly living with jack hammers going on in your house they are very sensitive to noise and vibrations just like their close cousins the acf

Like the other posters said, they dont generally like filters.

If youre going to use a filter, fill the tank as high as you can to minimize the turbulance created by the water hitting the surface.

You can use a clean pair of pantyhose and stretch a piece over the filter intake to stop your little guy from getting stuck.

What size tank do you have? I can give you better suggestions if i know.

Adf are messy eaters they kinda grab something and sit there while the rest of the food floats off. I think putting a sponge on the intake is a much better/cheaper idea then buying another filter. The other fish wouldn't appreciate less filtration.

froggygirl37 said:
Like the other posters said, they dont generally like filters.

If youre going to use a filter, fill the tank as high as you can to minimize the turbulance created by the water hitting the surface.

You can use a clean pair of pantyhose and stretch a piece over the filter intake to stop your little guy from getting stuck.

What size tank do you have? I can give you better suggestions if i know.

I like the pantyhose idea!

I tried the pantyhose over the intake it is working well. It is a 20 gallon community tank all seems to be good now

Back
Top Bottom