Adf help, por favor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmm, it sure appears rough and pointy cause I was made to look that way, but it's plastic. This is what it looks like.

image-4270067384.jpg

I think that's fine. I've seen some things, particularly plastic plants, that are pretty rough. That's fine what you have there.

I would expect based on when you got them that you'll likely lose them sooner rather than later.

Yeah I know what you mean. I'll test the water and make sure I'm not doing them any harm. She looks fine now, since she was flipped back over

image-2695463847.jpg

There's this plant too

Well I went to see if the local store carried any water testing supplies but they didn't. Then I explained the problem to the woman who ran the store, and we realized that my frogs' bad condition started when I put them in this new tank, and the biggest thing I changed when I moved them was going from spring water to tap with dechlorinator. (And i also explained that my frogs are old.) so I put them back in spring water today, cautious to make it warm enough since we had just bought it, and I thought my frogs looked de-stressed after a while once I put them back in. However, I came back maybe an hour and a half later and she was on her back again. I flipped her back over, but she hasn't eaten in a couple days. :( I guess I just have an old froggy... Sorry to tell you guys all about it now that i realize thats probably what it is; I'm sure it's not something nice to hear in detail

Ironically, I came home today to see that one of our ADFs was "lost." I have no idea what happened, but I immediately tested. The ammonia and nitrites were 0. Nitrates were slightly elevated, but not terrible. Everything else in the tank is normal, but that one little guy died on us. I hate to see that happen.

Not bad actually, and thanks for asking. Spring water seems to be their preference, and I've only found the girl upside down once since I was last on here, and that wasnt recent. she's usually sleeping at the top so I hope she's getting food from the bottom, but other than that much better.

Back
Top Bottom