ADF Nipped by Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flame_fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Soo I had my African dwarf frog in my 2.5 gallon tank with my female betta & a mystery snail since about December & they've all been doing great but recently my female betta has been acting a little aggressive towards my frog for no reason, they used to have little fights over food, so I added more pellets around the tank so my frog won't have to fight over one but my betta nips at my frog's legs a couple times during the day. Idk if I should remove my betta or not. Any suggestions? I don't want my ADF too stressed out.

You'd be better off having them in a 10g. 2.5 is way too small for that combo, it's actually too small for either by themselves. Well you could probably have the snail in the 2.5... Lol

the tank should be bigger. The betta nipping doesn't sound like a big d eal though ... I have 5 adf's with a mating pair of N. Leleupi (African Cichlids). The frogs cross into their territory multiple times each day, at which time the fish will bite them, carry them out, then spit them out...frog swims away...no harm. I doubt the betta is going to injure.

Back
Top Bottom