ADF problems eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

niiic

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello!

I'd like to introduce myself since I am very new to this site! My name is Nicole, my best friend Hann-04 recommended it to me and I love it!

I have a 15 gallon freshwater moderately planted non-aggressive sand substrate aquarium:
1x Flame Dwarf Goraumi (He has a very funny disposition. His name is Fred.)

2x Silverhatchets
2x Mollies

1x Platy (all fins are black, body is silver, and shimmers blue... Blue moon Platy?)
3x Balloon Molly Fry (
2 Dalmatian, 1 brown with black spots
)
1x Weather/Dojo Loach
(to take care of the hitch-hiker apple snails that came home with my mollies... one day the tank had like 7 snails. haha
)
1x ADF :D

I had a ADF in my tank along with my other fish and everything was fine. He was a bit spoiled though, as I would feed him right from my hand all the time.
I started getting him out of the habit of me hand feeding him, and him finding the food on his own, plus trying to keep the food in the same place every day. Anyway, the other night he digested a small piece of sand and sadly didn't make it. :(

I now have a new little buddy and he's totally adorable, but I think I may need some tips on making sure he eats his food. I have frog and tadpole pellets which is good (I think) but sometimes my fish go after the food and I'm afraid he's not getting his share!

Any advice would be very helpful,

Thanks! :flowers:

Niiic
:fish1:

Attachments

• IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 114
Try feeding him after lights-out. Frogs hunt by scent, rather than sight, whereas fish hunt by sight (for the most part). Turning the light out will encourage he finds his food, rather than the fish. Also, try sticking his food somewhere that will be harder for the fish to get to, but easier for him (under a decoration he likes to hang around or something).

Back
Top Bottom