ADF starving itself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bre7337

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I’ve had my add for about a month, the store owner told me he’d been eating algae wafers and I bought the brand she’d been feeding the adfs.. only issue is, it seems to be eating just enough to stay alive.. I’ve tried different brands, live and frozen/ freeze dried blood worms and brine shrimp.. he picks at all of it once in a while, I try to put the food right in front of him twice a day, but he never eats it. Sometimes he’ll pick up pieces laying around but he’s still visibly thin. He’s not being picked on by the other fish, fish aren’t stealing it’s food, he has plenty of hiding spots, and up until recently he did have 2 other frogs but they did the same starving themselves that this one is doing.

I do that, I get a pinch of them and dangle it right in his face.. we’re talking less than a cm away from him nearly.. and after 20 minutes or so I drop a few in front of him in a little pile, sometimes he eats ONE, but usually he just puts his face in the pile.

Back
Top Bottom