ADF with possible bloat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

julia001

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,
So I have two African dwarf frogs in a ten gallon tank with four rosy barbs. This morning I noticed one of the frogs seems to be much larger than normal. My first thought was that it is bloated so I separated it, upon separating it I realized that its back legs also seem to be larger as well. In all the pictures I have seen of bloated frogs their legs seems to be much smaller as well. Is there a chance that my frog is pregnant and not sick? Any advice would be appreciated!
Thank you!
The first photo is what my frog looked like a week ago, the photo with the colored rocks is today.

Attachments

• image-3501153631.jpg
    image-3501153631.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 162
  • image-1332951548.jpg
    image-1332951548.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 150
Hello, what you have there isnt an african dwarf frog, its actually a african clawed frog, acf grow much larger than adf, you can tell its an acf because its front legs have "fingers" and african dwarf frogs are not white

My mistake. I am aware of the difference but I used to have African dwarfs so I guess I am just used to calling them that. Any thoughts on the frogs condition since that is the more pressing issue?

It might just be the photos, but she looks a lot healthier in the second photo than in the first. Did you do a water change recently? I've heard that ACFs will bloat out quite a bit if the water is not properly dechlorinated. It doesn't look too serious, so personally I'd just keep doing your normal routine, and just monitor for any further changes. Good luck!

I did change the water between the two photos, but only one of my two frogs bloated up. The bloated frog actually died Tuesday, two days after it became bloated. The other frog is doing fine still.

Frogs can get dropsy, causing them to bloat and die. But if your other one is fine, idk because dropsy is highly contagious.

Back
Top Bottom