African Dwarf Frog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CitrineStardust

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey! One of my frogs is developing this discoloration on their leg and I can't figure out what it is- it's giving me anxiety. I tried to upload a picture. I've just got finished treating my frogs for fungus so I don't think it's a fungus. Don't mind the food in the picture- took the picture during feeding.

Attachments

• 20170111_231827.jpg
    20170111_231827.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 93
What are your water parameters? Frogs can slough off skin when there has been ammonia burn or other water issues. Do you know if the medication was safe for frogs?

wow so I just did some research, apparently frogs can't get ich?? I'm so confused they were covered and their skin was coming off in tatters so I treated them for two weeks and they look way better besides the leg but I'm reading it can be damaging to them, good thing I was only using a minimum dose. I'm so confused. they were COVERED IN white specs resembling ich.

Poor little guys, what was the medication, did you see if it was okay for the frogs? Maybe a few 50% pwc to remove all the rest of the medication.

Back
Top Bottom