African Dwarf Frog Food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kr.shelby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am a touch confused about what is best to feed my ADF. On aqadvice I read they don't need freeze dried bc it can kill them and they will not eat flakes. But then the girl at the store said, "oh, just feed him flakes like a fish!" I have a feeling she may not be correct. Then I read that freeze dried food was fine to feed them. I couldn't find the frog pellets but I do have frozen baby brine shrimp and freeze dried blood worms. I don't feel comfortable feeding him the freeze dried blood worms so will they eat the baby brine? I am going back out tomorrow and will be able to get what ever else I need for him.

I guess I'll try the baby brine and see what happens.

You should be able to find small aquatic frog pellets at pet shop. Also frozen bloodworms are better than freeze dried. Sink better. They will eat flakes, but dont feed them that unless you have fish with them. Most pet shops should have frog pellets though.

What do fish say when they hit a wall? ...... Dam!

I'm new here, but I used to keep those frogs as a child. They're REALLY hardy. I fed him frozen blood worms. And honestly, I kept him in horrible conditions (I didn't know any better) and he was strong. He did really well on frozen blood worms.

I kept African dwarf frogs for a while. I found that they had really bad eyesight ( i think all AFDs do) so I fed them frozen bloodworms because they were the only food that they could see and they did fine

The frog pellets will be in the reptile section, not with the fish food.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom