African dwarf frogs for dummies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering if someone could offer a brief overview on the ADF

Tank size?
Decor?
Temp?
Food?
Tank mates?
Numbers?

Other care?
Tips?

Thanks

Depending on how many you want.. Always have more than one as they are social and prefer to be with others.. I have 3 in my 20g with tetras and guppies..

Mine eat frozen bloodworms but you have to make sure they do get some as the fish will eat it all

Thanks. I think It will just be the frogs though. Do they prefer plants, sand, need hiding spaces. What size tank minimum. What temperature?

I have a 10g with 2 ADF in it.
I recently changed to sand bottom and hes been out alot more now.
Have to have hiding places for them for sure! And they enjoy warm water!

Yes they prefer sand bottom to dig into.. Lots of hiding places.. Mine like to climb into my plants also

Yup! The smaller the tank is actually better!
As they swim to the top for air and have a hard time if its a massive tank

Do not feed bloodworms exclusively. They are a treat I give a few each frog once per week. I use aquatic frog pellets for daily feedings. Turkey baster works great. The don't see well.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They* also, I feed a bit of mashed peas once a week too for good digestion.

How do they do with bettas? I will be getting a pair of spec5's in the future with a betta in each. Wife also would like a couple adf's in each.

They are perfect tank mates! Never get only one, they love buddies. I have 2 male ADF in with my male betta and they are so fun to watch!

For a 5g with a betta and a couple oto's, would just 2 or 3 adf's be best? Will be planted with a piece of manzanita or spider driftwood

In a 5? I wouldn't, but I try to understock. And I do a 50% wc at least once a week of not more to keep my trates and ammonia at safe levels.

How do u post your own question?? On the iphone app

LOL I also could not figure that out when I first got the app. When your on the page were you see all the different threads their are 3 white dots on the very top of the right hand side. Press on the 3 white dots and there will be an option that says new topic. Once you have pressed new topic it will give you the layout of the thread and you will be able to write what you want.

Back
Top Bottom