Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Aquatic Reptiles, Amphibians & Herpetology
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-07-2019, 11:03 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Angelfish suddenly disappeared???

I left my tanks last Friday for the weekend, all 3 of my angels in my 55 were completely fine like they normally are. When I came back Monday night my Altum angel has COMPLETELY disappeared! I canít find her anywhere!!! I raised her from just the size of a nickel and it breaks my heart...I havenít discovered her body anywhere outside the tank so my last hypothesis is that she passed and my several cories, 2 plecos and my dojo loach all got ahold of her corpse before I could see it.. my parameters were all fine when I got back: 0ppm nitrite/ammonia, <15 Nitrate.. does anyone have any experience with seemingly healthy fish just dying??? Iím just beating myself up hella right now because I let this happen...

Old 05-08-2019, 11:32 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Sometimes fish get picked on. They can only take it for so long until they eventually pass. Iím not sure this is the case but itís possible. Doesnít mean you did anything wrong it just happens sometimes.

Old 05-09-2019, 07:59 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Years ago my daughter had a seven inch common pleco and one adult black Angel in her 29 gal. tank. Both fish were healthy and long time tankmates. One day the Angel came up missing. Upon investigation, I located the Angels body inside the Pleco's lair, a big plastic castle. I'm reasonably sure the Pleco murdered the Angel, rather than a natural death. The Angel was very healthy and active prior to the incident.
Old 05-09-2019, 09:38 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Hello, sounds like you really care for your fish. You might want to know that a dojo loach(weather loach)needs temps 64-72į(cold water fish). If kept in tropical temps will shorten life span by half(8-10yrs). I know this because I bought a 2 at petco for 10gal without researching. Now I have a 55 goldie tank so i could keep them! Hope this helps!Click image for larger version

Name:	20190326_173107.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	312866
Old 05-13-2019, 01:46 AM   #5

Same happend to me try to check for little pieces of bone my common pleco got eaten by a tiny bristelnose pleco..
Old 05-20-2019, 05:33 PM   #6

Iím in full blown PANIC MODE at the moment as my largest Angelfish has just died and I found the corpse!!! WHATS CAUSING THIS??? My Ammonia was 0PPM and so was nitrites!!!! my water isnít experiencing any spikes or anything.... the only thing Iíve done is almost completely rescaped the tank, and my 2 beautiful angels are dead... the last one looks so lonely now does anyone have any suggestions as to why this happened???
Old 05-21-2019, 06:32 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

If it isn't a water quality issue the only thing I can think of is it could be a disease you weren't aware of or they're being attacked.

Tags
angel, angelfish, app, disappeared, fish, red

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com