Axolotls!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betta1987

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
They are so darn cute. Does anyone have one? Any advice? I want one.

I used to have 8 but one jumped out and another 2 died from some sort of contamination so I'm down to five with one of them being sick. They are great little creatures though. They're coldwater just like goldfish so no heaters for them. 10 gallons per Axolotl, NO gravel or rocks that they could swallow. Easy on the lights because they have no eyelids and they need to have a little cave or something to hide in. Really cute and snappy creatures.

Well they get stressed if they can't find a nice dark place to be. :) So not really a must if you keep just one in a dark place. Also they tend to snap at each other when they're younger. Once they get a little older they eat eachother less.

Sand is a no go with smaller ones they will eat it and explode and they can get stuck under larger gravels best with bare bottom till bigger

Just had it happen only reason I say they will explode. Fine in the morning in two pieces in the afternoon

Back
Top Bottom