Baby Frog Pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hara

Aquarium Advice Addict
These two froglets are from my pair of adults. First babies I have raised so I am kind of proud.

Attachments

• froglets2-7-07_123.jpg
    froglets2-7-07_123.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 436
wow, that is awesome that you got them to breed in captivity! do you have any tadpole pics?

WOW! I saw some of those very same frogs at the Baltimore Aquarium.

Congrats on getting them to breed in captivity - was that particularly difficult?

I too would love to see some tadpole pics if you have them.

Finally, is it true that they are not poisonous unless they eaten insects that have fed on certain poisonous plants?

If their environment is right, it is not particularly difficult to get them to breed. It is true about the food being the source of their ability to manufacture the poison. Captive bred frogs are safe to be around.

Here are some pictures of tads in different stages of development.

Attachments

• swimmingfroggie_201.jpg
    swimmingfroggie_201.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 341
  • tad_146.jpg
    tad_146.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 337
  • img_2247_120.jpg
    img_2247_120.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 355
maybe its not that particular species of dart frogs, but i know some dart frogs lay their eggs in plants, and the adults carry the tadpoles when they hatch to a pond. are those the kind?

i've raised toad tadpoles before, i cant imagine how cool it would be to have dart frogs though

The most likely would do that if I let them. I pull the eggs right after they are fertilized.

Beautiful!

Such wonderful frogs and pics. Before you know it you're going to be overrun with beautiful little frogs.

I'd love to see some pics of the parent's and babies homes. Then again maybe I don't want to see pictures, I might get hooked!

Those are awesome looking. Where can a person get poison dart frogs? Ive never seen any around here(Alberta, Canada) but they are really awesome looking and would love to get some. Any recommendations are welcome.

Back
Top Bottom