Bio Filtration

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Munchie

Aquarium Advice Activist
What do you use for bio filtration in your tank? I have a 100 gallon FW with a Eheim pro 2075 and a Magum 350 for water polishing as well as a 19W UV.

I noticed velvet on my Flowrhorn so I pulled the carbon out and dosed meds. Within 3 hours the velvet was gone. Do you think I am ok to run just the "coco puffs" in the bio filter without any pads? Does anyone do this?

Not sure what "coco puffs" are but I run sponges, purigen, bio max and poly fill in my aqua clear 110's. I run 2 on my 75g tank. One gets cleaned out a month so not to disturb the other. Been working out just fine.

I run coarse filter pads for mechanical, then bio max bio rings for biological, then activated carbon for chemical and I top it off with polyfiber sheets(pillow stuffing) for polishing in my fluval 305. The other filter i have is an Ebay internal power filter with spray bar(60gal. rated). I throw a small bag of carbon and a bio sponge in it. No issues in the tank

Back
Top Bottom