Dwarf Frogs and Cory Cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawklady

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all, I recently got some advice that made me think and I just wanted a second opinion.

I was planning to do a tank with Cardinal Tetra, Emerald Green Coryadoras, snails, shrimp, and dwarf frogs.

A very knowledgeable seeming person on a forum told me to pick between the frogs or the Cory cats and only have a few snails so that the frogs have the run of the substrate and will display their best behavior.

This makes sense to me but I just wanted to see if folks agree that it's best.

Also curious what people think, should I go Cory cats or dwarf frogs?

Want an entertaining tank for myself and my toddlers.

How big is your tank? Personally I would go Cory cats instead of frogs, because corys are way more active. Also the frogs could eat the shrimp (unless they are some of the bigger species of shrimp) and are also hard to feed in community settings because they have poor eyesight and get outcompeted for food

Hello all, I recently got some advice that made me think and I just wanted a second opinion.

I was planning to do a tank with Cardinal Tetra, Emerald Green Coryadoras, snails, shrimp, and dwarf frogs.

A very knowledgeable seeming person on a forum told me to pick between the frogs or the Cory cats and only have a few snails so that the frogs have the run of the substrate and will display their best behavior.

This makes sense to me but I just wanted to see if folks agree that it's best.

Also curious what people think, should I go Cory cats or dwarf frogs?

Want an entertaining tank for myself and my toddlers.
I would totally go with the cories!! I have 8 and they are so entertaining. They are constantly moving and playing with each other. 100% would go with the cories. [emoji16]

I like frogs better tbh, I've had cories and they're neat but the frogs are super entertaining to me. With the cardinals in there you'd have to be careful that the frogs get fed well enough, but it's entirely doable. I have mine in with cherry shrimp, snails and guppies and the shrimp are pretty fast at getting out of their way. I'd say check out some videos on youtube of tanks with cories and tanks with frogs and see which activities of each you prefer watching.

Back
Top Bottom