empty 10 gallon, ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOMA

Aquarium Advice Addict
i have an empty 10 gallon with a metal screen cover with it? any ideas? i wanted to do a desert theme but i dont know of any animals that could go in it and that arent expensive or snakes.

thanks,
JOMA

Oh, do they have the little Gecko's those are kinda cool to watch.

Scorpions? They're sorta cool :) I'm not sure if either petco or petsmart carry those though. Hermit crabs?

They carry tarantula's at Petco. Atleast at mine they do.

Lawngnome said:
Oh, do they have the little Gecko's those are kinda cool to watch.

Geckos, leopard geckos anyway, can live in a 10g but a 20g long is usually better suited for them.

DreD said:
Scorpions? They're sorta cool :) I'm not sure if either petco or petsmart carry those though. Hermit crabs?

Hermit crabs are actually more tropical creatures than enjoy high moisture. They typically need access to both fresh and salt water as well as substrate (ie. shredded coconut bedding (I think that's acceptable, you'd have to look it up first of course lol)) a few inches thick so that they can molt.

Just thought I'd throw this stuff out there in case you were considering these animals. Remember to always thoroughly research before buying and good luck! :)

JOMA said:
the only thing is i can only get stuff from petco and petsmart

get a leo gecko great beginner reptile but the di need to eat live bugs so there not for the squeamish ive had my leo for 2 yrs now if you havve any questions or need any help pm me but rember allways do research before buying any pet

there are lots of good starter animals corn snakes are cool but you said no snakes, turtles are awsome and there's lots of variaty, there is lots of lizards, geckos, turtles, snakes, scorpions. choose what you like best and remember to ask what they get in their shipments. 13-14 years working at zoos help ppl learn these things. :)

relisefishies8897 said:
there are lots of good starter animals corn snakes are cool but you said no snakes, turtles are awsome and there's lots of variaty, there is lots of lizards, geckos, turtles, snakes, scorpions. choose what you like best and remember to ask what they get in their shipments. 13-14 years working at zoos help ppl learn these things. :)

Turtles usually need a way bigger space than a ten gallon.

Unless u are planning to upgrade in tank size, I'd stick to some form of gecko, scorpion, or tarantula.... Or maybe a snake, maybe a Kenyan sand boa...

leopard gecko ive had miine close to two years now hes amazing and affectionate to me they eat meal worms aad or crickets so be prepared for bugs if you need or anyone on here needs info on leopard geckos pm me id love to help
heres my leo pandora

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

I would say bearded dragon but eventually you need a bigger set up as they can get up to 2 feet long. and now to out do wolfpack here is Puff.
188881_209119439101876_100000114639337_916293_3048498_n.jpg

tornadonick said:
I would say bearded dragon but eventually you need a bigger set up as they can get up to 2 feet long. and now to out do wolfpack here is Puff.

aww wat a cutie the fact that they get two feet long is what stoped me fromm gettin one

if you want to goo the snakke route mmabye try Kenyan sand boas they stay comfterably in a 10 15 gallon there are a burroing snake so if u get one read upbi was going to fet one but my mom hates snakes i might get another leo

Get a dart frog. I did and love it.

*Edit- Should have read your OP, lol. Dart frogs are tropical, so nevermind.

Back
Top Bottom