feeding frogge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RABENA

Aquarium Advice Freak
I switch over to an all dry tank with just a little pond for him because in other tank was getting moldy
Frogge is a bullfrog he has been eating good meals of crickets and meal worm like two of each and I throw an occasional treat before I go to bed
The only problem is he is not active at all sometimes DONT move for hours is that normal yesterday I put him back in his old spot with the goldfish and he did a couple of laps checking stuff out.is it possible to put him in there every once in while to get some exercise or is he okay just sitting.I put him in while I clean the other tank
Do bullfrogs stay on land or do they stay in water he only goes in the for about hr or so
Something about misting tank w/ spray bottle I DONT understand can I use my fish tank water and I change his pool water daily.
Any self help books or articles on frogs I need one he is growing by the day

Last edited by a moderator:
There are lots of book on caring for frogs. Cleaning his water daily is very good. If he is not moving that often he might be too cold. What is the temperature at inside the frog tank?

Hello ma its great to hear from you.I DONT know the temp in the tank that's why I need some kind of book or something for information on the dos and donts what is the proper temp.for the tank . do I need to buy a heat lamp I didn't want to put in sunlight even though there is proper shade in his tank because of the plants I have he seems to stay in one corner of tank.
But he is getting bigger and he is eating well besides crickets and worms what else can he eat
What about this misting of the tank does that have to be done daily
I sent a picture of his new home let me know if I need something thank you mama u have been very helpful.
P.S. can I pick him up with my hands yet

ForumRunner_20130905_104546.jpg

The tank looks good. The temperature should be fairly comfortable. What is the room temperature at? If its between 72-75 you should be fine. Do NOT buy a heat lamp. Those are used with reptiles, not amphibians. I would add a bigger water bowl. Something deep enough that he can soak his whole body in. You can mist the cage daily. He should be growing pretty fast. Try adding crickets one by one and counting how many he eats. Feed him as many as he will eat in a couple minutes. And I would not pick him up until he is larger. Also, frogs carry the bacteria salmonella. You should always wash your hands after caring for him to avoid getting sick. :)

Thanks again for us help the temperature is 75° in the house he is near the window but not in sunlight he eats 5 crickets and one worm sometimes 4 worms but is it good for him to eat like that everyday and I throw one in at note in the dark so he goes and finds it and yes he is growing every day fast
I'm going to keep it dry not 50/50 because he DONT like the water when I put him in tank he swims a little bit then he sits so I'm going now to get bowl big enough for him to go in but not swim thanks again you are a big help

Overfeeding is it possible to over feed frogge it seems like he is always hungry.will he just keep eating until he dies or do they stop when they have enough

Overfeeding is it possible to over feed frogge it seems like he is always hungry.will he just keep eating until he dies or do they stop when they had enough it looks like he has potbelly he eats 5 to 6 crickets small ones a day plus a med worm or two threw out the day still wondering if its a bull frog

ForumRunner_20131011_140249.jpg

Overfeeding is it possible to over feed frogge it seems like he is always hungry.will he just keep eating until he dies or do they stop when they had enough it looks like he has potbelly he eats 5 to 6 crickets small ones a day plus a med worm or two threw out the day still wondering if its a bull frog
They will typically stop eating once they're full. You don't want to put too many crickets in the tank because if they go uneaten they could bite the frog.

Thank mommy I didn't know that I see them attacking the worm sometimes what I do is before work I drop some in then go from now on I'll do one at a time til he is done they are the little ones though thanks again mommy he is doing great but is it a bullfrog !

No it's not a bull frog they're uglier and fatter on the face and sides if the body

What kind of frog is it then ? The tadpole was huge the size of a large feeder goldfish

Not to sure...... I could be wrong
This is a bullfrog I was thinking toad so yea I guess it could be one
image-1716835292.jpg

What kind of frog is it then ? The tadpole was huge the size of a large feeder goldfish
I don't think he's a bullfrog. He's definitely closely related though, in the same family. You can pick up a field guide about frogs, or google frog species in (whatever state you're in)

Is it okay to put frogge in fish tank while I clean out his tank .it seems to me like he likes swimming with other fish

Is it okay to put frogge in fish tank while I clean out his tank .it seems to me like he likes swimming with other fish

I wouldn't. The fish could bite him or vice versa. It's best to put him in a gladware or other small container while you clean.

Thanks again mommy I need some help building a half and half out of 10gal tank any suggestions

Back
Top Bottom