Fiddler help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caniac22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a tank in my bedroom it's a 15g column tank that I keep 3 fiddler's in and 3 guppies. Today I woke up and my elder guppy had passed and my fiddler thought it was a tasty snack. So I left for work no big deal I bought him a year ago and he was full size then. So I leave for my shift and get back and I'm missing a fiddler.

I immediately start looking through my caves thoroughly and I couldn't find him. So then I starting looking all around my tank under everything in shoes and I can't find the guy. I know they're escape artists so I guess the question is where have you found fiddlers?

I have some tape on my tank. It doesn't completely shut everything off but it covers the giant holes where my filter is and what not. The tank is a column tank. I don't have a shore for the fiddlers but I do have an underwater lagoon for them that is dry.

Often they are found on top of the tank waving at you with their little fiddler arm.

Start a grid search from the tank out. They hide well, also on and behind any tubes you have up above the water line.
60074-albums11380-picture53776.jpg

They WANT to be in the air, so check into one of these reptile turtle lily pads, are pretty reasonably priced.

Duct tape and doubled over heavy duty plastic wrap is what I used. They can get out of the tiniest of spaces.
60074-albums11380-picture59484.jpg

Back
Top Bottom