Fire belly newt tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grannysneo

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was told at a lfs that I could put 3 newts on a 5 gallon tank . I ordered 3 of them? that was about a week ago. Since then I've located a tank I actually want. It's a 15 g with same footprint as a 20g just not as tall. I'm wanting to find some kind of small gold fish that I could add. I'm thinking 2 maybe a little round bodied kind that doesn't get large or one that grows slow so that its a long time before I would have to trade it to lfs for smaller ones Opinions please

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would recommend a 20 gallon long. For the 3 newts,.they can reach around 5 inches. It'd be cool to make a mini swamp jungle setup! I used to have them when I was younger, they were very nifty little creatures

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Also goldfish get bigger than you think.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428245178.145402.jpg

30g minimum for a goldfish.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

15 gallon is tank I want I don't want the height in the 20 n don't have Rome for 20 long in the space next to my bed. Can you recommend some kind of fish that would work. I saw on YouTube where someone had 3 goldfish, a newt and a dojo loach, I thought of goldfish because of not needing a heater

A 15 would be ok, are you going to filter the tank? Goldfish are a major nono.. you could get away with white cloud minnows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As an owner of 2 dojo loaches they need bigger than a 15g. They are very active swimmers and do much better in a long tank. Personal opinion I would shoot for a tank at least 36 inches long. They reach 6-7 inches. I'm not discouraging you from them I love them to death but the bigger the tank the better. I moved my first one from a 45 tall to a 75 and have seen a noticeable difference in happiness, eating, and activity.

I agree with brook, if you are staying small and cold water, white clouds would be the way to go.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Yes I'm going to filter with whisper internal golfer that makes a waterfall effect. Plus I have a vacuum type thing for the bottom of tank . Ithe dojo was just a thought I've never seen white mountain clouds at any of our lfs

Sorry my autocorrect changed filter to golfer

Newts would probably be better in a paludarium.

29 gallon community
10 gallon gertrudae rainbow W.I.P.

Back
Top Bottom