Frog Missing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookelynnb

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was feeding my goldfish (3") and my AD frog bloodworms last night, and when I woke up this morning, my frog was gone. They have been in the same tank together for over a month and never acted hostile towards each other. I'm wondering if my goldfish could've eaten my frog or if he could've escaped?? Do goldfish eat frogs? It's just weird because I think that if my goldfish wanted to eat him, he wouldn't have waited a month to do so.

Attachments

• image-3826648147.jpg
    image-3826648147.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 96
I don't think your goldfish could have swallowed. He may have jumped out or could be hiding really well. Did you try taking out all the decor and looking? Also try checking the filter and around the tank outside.

It must've jumped out then, because I looked EVERYWHERE and still can't find him! :(

I'm sorry to hear :( did you try looking around the outside of the tank? Maybe a cat/dog ate him when he got out of the tank?

Yeah sorry to say it sounds like he has got out. They are experts at this. I had one about 4 yrs ago and it got through two lids and crawled about 5 foot before it dried up. Apparently it only takes 20 mins for them to die/dry out in an environment without low humidity.

Back
Top Bottom