Help! I think my frog is sick! And I'm a new frog mommy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xoBARBIEox

Aquarium Advice Newbie
The first day he sat at the top of the tank with his bottom still in the water. He has now propped himself out of the water and keeps sitting up there. I have two African dwarf frogs and the second one isn't acting like the first. I read online and it doesn't seem to be normal behaviour please help ? He is in a huge tank with at least 10 other fish.

How deep is the tank? They aren't the best swimmers but they do need air (kind of a bad design for a completely aquatic creature), so it might just be that the tank is too deep for it to comfortably swim up to the surface.

How deep is the tank? They aren't the best swimmers but they do need air (kind of a bad design for a completely aquatic creature), so it might just be that the tank is too deep for it to comfortably swim up to the surface.

Think the max is like 20 inches deep. That's pushing it though personally. Lol I agree a fully aquatic frog that needs air and has terrible vision was not the greatest design(even though I believe in a Designer.). I have some ADF of my own in a 10g and sometimes they sit in the fake tree near the surface but never out of the water..

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Mine occasionally sit half in half out of the water. I have 7 in a 20g (2ft wide 1ft tall) they get to top fine and they all do it occasionally depending on who gets the spot first

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

:)

I've had them about a month and they have had no issues getting from the bottom to the top. But we do have one rainbow fish who is a bully. And when he was sitting at the top of the tank the first day all the fish kept going up to him every once in awhile.

if your frog spends a lot of time out of the water, it could mean your water isn't being properly oxygenated. check your parameters and make sure everything is balanced. otherwise, he could just be asking for a place near the surface to hang out. just make sure it isn't too close to the surface or he could try to jump out!

My frogs chill at the top

Sent from my LGLS740 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1426868995707.jpg
    1426868995707.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 91
Sometimes I put house flies in there and they jump to get them
They can jump !!

LFS says water is okay
5 gal. 2x a WK W/C