How can you tell if your ADF is happy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squiffy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 4 in my 20gal long, and th ey seem happy, and are eating. They don't super dart to the top to get air, it's more of a lazy swim to the top. I'm assuming it's because they are comfortable and finally feel safe, but since they are my first ADF I'm never sure.

What are your experiences with your ADF?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Its a 20 long so 12 inches.

I've only had them since Friday, and they were a little skinny from the store, but they are eating well. I'll try to post a picture

Pardon the snail poo. I just cleaned the sand yesterday, but with 5 snails it's not easy to keep up lol.

Attachments

• 1414107621987.jpg
    1414107621987.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 176
I've only had them for 6 days. They eat blood worms and aquatic frog pellets. I've been feeding them every day and they eat like little piggies.

They've gotten a little bigger since i got them from petco.

Frozen blood worms or freeze dried? And I would suggest staying away from pellets. They can cause dropsy and that's the last thing you want with ADF.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Frozen blood worms

Awesome. When you feed them pellets I would only do that once a week and soak them in some water before feeding them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Cool, thanks. The blood worms I can barely get in the tank before they jump up to eat them from my hands. I have to hand feed them otherwise mr betta eats them all.

This is the little dude that jumps up and greets me.

Attachments

• 1414113050766.jpg
    1414113050766.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 142
feeder guppy s or feeder shrimp are a nice snack for them once they get bigger you can go to small feeder goldfish they love bugs
be sure you have a good cover on tank as they are good escape artists
they also like little floats they can hang out on

They hang out on the snails and the betta hammock. I have ghost shrimp in there. The frogs tend to leave them alone though.

I also have a few platy fry in there that they tend to leave alone.

I had frogs and I ended up using a turkey baster because you are able to squirt the worms straight to the frogs so that the fish don't eat them all before the frogs can get to them :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom