ID my tadpole!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

froggygirl37

Aquarium Advice Regular
This little guy came in with our fish order today. I need help IDing him so I can give him the care he needs!

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1410301474773.jpg
    1410301474773.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 143
  • 1410301488937.jpg
    1410301488937.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 137
Looks like a frog of sorts..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah i knew its a frog, but different frogs need differrent temperature/ tank size so i need to know what kind

Sorry, my phone glitched and I missed the title.. leopard bull??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hmm. He looks like it but is really small.. only 2inches long and about half an inch wide. I may have to just wait until hes developed

Im 99.99% sure he's a North American Leopard Frog I have lots of those suckers and you'd have better luck releasing him into a local pond. He is going to eat any fry or small animals you have in your tank. These frogs can be very large and IMO require at the very least 80g. They are fast and need space. If you have the tank that size then here's how to care for him: first of all they are semi-aquatic so he's going to need a floating dock or something of that nature. They are very tolerant of almost any water parameters. however mine are kept in cold water so I'm not sure how well he would react to tropical temps. They eat bugs....it's pretty straight forward care. They really really like meal worms! For now you should feed him algae discs. Once he's out of the water he'll need tiny meal worms and crickets. As he gets bigger he will need larger bugs. They can get to be the size of a grape fruit if they eat enough and have good care. Best of luck with your wet friend!

NatureFish
????

He was in a lfs and i only took him because he would have been killed otherwise. I have all intentions of releasing him come summer. Hes a frog now and only is about the size of a dime. Still seem like a leopard? Also he has his own tank, a 20gal long for now 50 50 water and land

No idea. Had it since the 9th, his little tail stump just went totally away today

If he's over a month old then....might not be a Leopard after all. But that's exactly what a leopard tad looks like can you post a pic of him as a frog?

NatureFish
????

I will when i get home. I saw a frog online called a green frog. The tadpole looked a bit like that too

Green frog huh? Anything is possible! Smaller the frog harder to keep alive with my experience.

NatureFish
????

Im good with frogs so i should be good. Ate 5 pinhead crickets today. No name yet. Suggetions?

Ummm well it depends what does he act like? I still don't know what he looks like!

NatureFish
????

Hides a lot and snaps up food like crazy :p ill be home soon

Ummm maybe you could call him hungry in another language!

NatureFish
????

Kk so maybe closer to the size of a nikel. Still tiny though

Attachments

• 1411003812215.jpg
    1411003812215.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 1411003824532.jpg
    1411003824532.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 104
Awe sooo cute!!! I'm positive that's a leopard frog!!! That's exactly what the babies look like!

NatureFish
????

Ok great thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom