Is this normal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessiNoel21

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I notice that my ADF has been sitting on top of his heater lately or on top of the thermometer and sticking his nose out of the water. Only thing weird in my tank right now is the water is cloudy. My tests are as follows 7.2,0,0,<5 and I've yet to see him eat. I got him last Wednesday I see no cloudy eyes , torn skin, or redness on him and he does swim away if I try to catch him. Am I worrying for nothing or should I be concerned? Thanks

I notice that my ADF has been sitting on top of his heater lately or on top of the thermometer and sticking his nose out of the water. Only thing weird in my tank right now is the water is cloudy. My tests are as follows 7.2,0,0,<5 and I've yet to see him eat. I got him last Wednesday I see no cloudy eyes , torn skin, or redness on him and he does swim away if I try to catch him. Am I worrying for nothing or should I be concerned? Thanks
how old is the tank ? If the water is cloudy than it could be an ammonia issue? What are you testing with? Is it white cloudy?

The tank is a year old.I put put raw shrimp in it when I am not using so I do not loss my cycle.I test with a API Freshwater kit that expires 6/16 and it is white(water).And all my bottles are new just bought the ammonia test last week cuz I ran out. I have been keeping fish 20 yrs and this is the first time I've had cloudy water. I new to keeping ADF's and I clean the tank every Tuesday with 30% water with RO water treated with 8 drops of Prime. I test every other day and only that has changed is the ph it from 7.8 to 7.2 in a three week span. I also put new substrate in for the plants it is Seaschum Eco complete.

My tank looks like that I have had it 3-5 years and I have never had a problem. I have done everything. What did you do

When did you put new substrate in? Was it washed properly as could be why. If not that could be why. I would do a big water change just to be sure if it was me

The substrate was taking out that what was causing the cloudiness. But I loss all three to my niece dumping soda in the tank. While I was in the hospital for surgery and my sister was watching the tank. I now have two new ones in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom