Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Aquatic Reptiles, Amphibians & Herpetology
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-28-2018, 10:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Just found white spot on frog

Hello ! New to this whole aquarium thing, have a friend who works at Petco so she helped me get started. I have several questions but before I get into it Ill tell u about my tank. So I have a 6.7 gallon tank with one African dwarf frog , a Cory catfish, one beta fish, two glofish, two black neon tetras, 2 nerite snails (the third one actually just died and I wasn't sure so I left him in for a few days and just took him out today ) and one mystery snail. All seem to be doing fine except for the frog. So I've had the tank set up for 2 months, did one water change, was going to do another tomorrow. I have a 10gal filter and it seems to be doing its job. Was about to go buy a gravel vacuum so clean the substrate tomorrow for the first time since setting up the tank 2 months ago. So I got the frog maybe 3 weeks ago maybe a month now, and I honestly have never seen him eat but I give him frog food and leave bottom feeder pellets in the tank and feed the whole tank once every other day because the catfish and the beta eat everything I give the fish. So just tonight as I'm looking at my frog I notice one bright white dot on his neck area. I didn't notice this before today but he is elusive and hides but I can't say if it was there yesterday. I've never seen him shed yet, been doing reading it could be that. But I'm worried about ick or anything else harmful and wondering because I have no other frogs, if he needs to be quarrentined. Also how would I go about that process ? I am a beginner with this and don't have any other tanks set up for that yet. I am going to the pet store in the morning to ask the aquatics expert there maybe get some medicine. Not sure what it is or what to do about it .I also only have regular teat strips and not ones for amonia which I was worried about because the dead snail? But my water is currently in the peramiters it should be I think, I am going to get it tested at the store though to be sure and still plan on doing my 3gal water change tomorrow. Let me know opinions thanks for reading.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:17 PM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

How is your frog? Perhaps it was just a mark from hiding in tight spots (fingers crossed!).

Old 07-03-2018, 04:51 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Hoping your frog is doing well and the rest of the tank is thriving. I’m a big proponent of a frog only tank especially since they can’t compete with fish for food. Also, they’re social with their own kind so two or more frogs are optimal. Just something to consider for the future. Good wishes!

Tags
frog, spot, white, white spot

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com