Leaving turtles, frogs (pacman and Cuban tree) , and salamander for a week.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nickdavey126

Aquarium Advice Newbie
On March 24 of this year I will be leaving for Florida and I will be staying there a week. I was wondering would it be ok for my animals (Aquatic turtles, salamander, frogs (Pacman and cuban tree) to be alone for a week? I feel like my amphibians should be fine, I plan on feeding my pacman frog a pinky mouse, filling my salamander up on large night crawlers (same with the tree frog), but I am very worried the turtles. I have an automatic feeder for turtles which fully functionally and I plan on getting a large zoo med banquet block. I am worried about heat and lighting, I may be able to use timers but i am not sure. Thank you for all of your help.:thanks:

With my reptiles I'm never comfortable enough to leave them alone longer than a weekend simply due to the risks associated with heating equipment. Not only can failed heat equipment be dangerous to reptiles, it can also be dangerous to your surroundings as it's a fire hazard. It would be best to have someone just check in on everything to ensure it's okay if at all possible

Back
Top Bottom