Leopard gecko questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok I have a 10g and I have some driftwood I can put in there! Do they need a terrium that stands up or should my 10 be ok?I would like to have some live plants!
What different kinds do you have?
How much should a cresty be?
The only ones around here are from petsmart and are like 40$

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They do need a terrarium that stands up, and that has no open crevices. They are climbers and they will escape. I paid $35 for each of my geckos, but I think you may be able to find them online a bit cheaper. The enclosure is where the expense is. $150 for the one I have for the adults.
Adult terrarium:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447378847.164305.jpg
Baby critter keeper:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447378872.640250.jpg
Smaller terrarium for the babies when they get bigger:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447378916.227905.jpg
Egg box:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1447378945.831529.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

They do need a terrarium that stands up, and that has no open crevices. They are climbers and they will escape. I paid $35 for each of my geckos, but I think you may be able to find them online a bit cheaper. The enclosure is where the expense is. $150 for the one I have for the adults.
Adult terrarium:

Do you know what size or deminison the adult tank is? I might be going to look at some stuff tommrow!

If repticon comes near you then its the way to go, Google repticon for dates and locations. I've seen decent sized cresties marked $15. I don't think a 12" tank will be enough. Screened vivariums aren't that high. I have a few ranging from 24-36 inches tall by 18" long and 12" deep. Craigslist is great for those, I've seen them under $20.

I went to repticon in Memphis tn and I loved it I just got in to reptiles a few years ago so I didn't get anything then, but now I have a sulcata tortoise, ball python, my leos and possibly a crested pair! I looked and it's not coming back until January! I just missed it because it was in October!

My adult terrarium is 18"x18"x24". I bought it on Amazon. I don't want to bother with Craigslist. The one in my area is bad and they never have anything I'm looking for.

My adult terrarium is 18"x18"x24". I bought it on Amazon. I don't want to bother with Craigslist. The one in my area is bad and they never have anything I'm looking for.

That's exactly what I got today at petsmart a exo tetra 18×18×24 and it was on sale for 50$ I was pretty happy it is in perfect condition!! I got some eco earth in a brick for substrate and 1 suction cup plant for now! I really am having trouble finding my actual geckos! I don't want to pay 400 for a gecko! I just want a decent pair that will breed and be pretty

That's exactly what I got today at petsmart a exo tetra 18×18×24 and it was on sale for 50$ I was pretty happy it is in perfect condition!! I got some eco earth in a brick for substrate and 1 suction cup plant for now! I really am having trouble finding my actual geckos! I don't want to pay 400 for a gecko! I just want a decent pair that will breed and be pretty

That's a great deal. Petsmart sells crested geckos. They didn't have any? You can also find them online.

That's a great deal. Petsmart sells crested geckos. They didn't have any? You can also find them online.

They had one it was very small! How big was yours when they breed? Inches wise?

And grams! Trying to figure out what size to get

They had one it was very small! How big was yours when they breed? Inches wise?

Mine were 3 months old and about 3 inches long (including tail) when I purchased them. I found out their gender when they were about 6 months old. The female started laying eggs when she was about 1.5 years old, but successful clutches just recently at almost 2 years.

Mine were 3 months old and about 3 inches long (including tail) when I purchased them. I found out their gender when they were about 6 months old. The female started laying eggs when she was about 1.5 years old, but successful clutches just recently at almost 2 years.

Well I made my first crestie purchase! I actually got two!
Here is there terrarium the light is only on for looks I'm going to remove it! I have them a under tank heater so they won't get cold because I have a fan in my room!
I sprayed the terrium and they licked the water off!
What does yours eat I got them repashy and mixed it with some water
And here is one of them! this one is about 4 in with its tail

Attachments

• 1447565897241.jpg
    1447565897241.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 1447566107440.jpg
    1447566107440.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 66
Well I made my first crestie purchase! I actually got two!
Here is there terrarium the light is only on for looks I'm going to remove it! I have them a under tank heater so they won't get cold because I have a fan in my room!
I sprayed the terrium and they licked the water off!
What does yours eat I got them repashy and mixed it with some water
And here is one of them! this one is about 4 in with its tail

Cute! I think yours may be old enough to tell the gender. Mine eat a powder for crested geckos that I buy at Petsmart. I have tried other things, but they are not interested. Every once in a while, I buy some crickets. They love crickets! They don't need a heating pad, unless you keep your house cold. I keep mine at 75 degrees, so heating pads are not necessary.

Cute! I think yours may be old enough to tell the gender. Mine eat a powder for crested geckos that I buy at Petsmart. I have tried other things, but they are not interested. Every once in a while, I buy some crickets. They love crickets! They don't need a heating pad, unless you keep your house cold. I keep mine at 75 degrees, so heating pads are not necessary.

The stuff I got is a powder and I noticed one eating so that is good!!! Yea the only reason I got one is because my room stats pretty cold and I wanted them to be comfortable! Right now I think they are female! They don't have bulges!

The stuff I got is a powder and I noticed one eating so that is good!!! Yea the only reason I got one is because my room stats pretty cold and I wanted them to be comfortable! Right now I think they are female! They don't have bulges!

I have never, in the almost two years I have had them, seen any of them eat. Other than the crickets, which is pretty fun to watch. The other food they eat late at night.

I have never, in the almost two years I have had them, seen any of them eat. Other than the crickets, which is pretty fun to watch. The other food they eat late at night.

it was cool I made them a little cap with a suction cup and put it on the side at the top by there leaves and one ate! I got a picture of them side by side I think they are both female but not sure and I measured them they are about 4 and a 1/2 with tail!

Attachments

• 1447707013603.jpg
    1447707013603.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 1447707029442.jpg
    1447707029442.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 1447707043433.jpg
    1447707043433.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 68
it was cool I made them a little cap with a suction cup and put it on the side at the top by there leaves and one ate! I got a picture of them side by side I think they are both female but not sure and I measured them they are about 4 and a 1/2 with tail!

Right now they do look like both females, but it may be too early to tell.

Hey everyone I just want to do a little update! I recently bought 3 adult cresties and I now have eggs!!!! Super excited
Here is dad, and momma, and eggs!!

Attachments

• 1455690510209.jpg
    1455690510209.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 1455690551881.jpg
    1455690551881.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 1455690575433.jpg
    1455690575433.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 64
Wow! Egg-cellent!!

How do you care for them next?

Well they don't need an incubater so I have them sitting somewhere warm and quite! They should hatch in 50 to 100 days! Probably more toward 100 days because it's like 74 degrees in my room and they tend to hatch eairler the warmer they are I think! Then I will leave them in this container until there first shed! I already have them a setup ready! I will be feeding them panga or repashy crested gecko diet! I am super excited can't wait for them to hatch!!!

Back
Top Bottom