Lopsided frog?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alia258

Aquarium Advice Addict
Have three canyon tree frogs and one has a lopsided stomach. Is that because of gravity just weighing on the frog or is this abnormal? I also have three tadpoles of the same species and they're all wild caught. The adults have a mite that would bother other frogs, but according to the Internet, don't bother this species.

image-762161024.jpg

The other two are healthy looking and hanging out in their favorite places :)

image-349359651.jpg

image-1768903465.jpg

I know it looks like he's squished behind the rock but he's been back there plenty of times and the rocks generally don't move, so don't worry about that

The lop-sidedness is probably a deformation either from genetics or environmental factors. Since the frog is an adult, I wouldn't worry about it as long he seems otherwise healthy.

The frog looks even now, and he looked that way when I caught him, it's just that turned sideways his body is affected largely by gravity. Is it normal for a frogs body to be all soupy like that?

Sorry, I thought you were saying it's like that all the time. That is not normal for any frogs that I have experience with, but I don't have any experience with this particular frog.

Oh dear, the Internet won't give me a good answer either :( maybe ill just have to wait and see :/

I have 5 frogs not the same as u I have 1 green and gold bell frog and 4 common brown frogs I have seen this'd in one of my frogs and they were all wild caugh I think it's a deformity cause i caugh it in a small hole in a hanging pot plant with a small amount of water were the others were caugh in large koi ponds

So it's a deformity then? I guess since its not hurting the frog it'll be okay :) now I just need to keep them out of the lightbulb covers :/

Remember frogs are reptiles they will be there cas it's worm for them . have u put a heater in there water this will keep them down the bottom that works with mine anyway .

Hey Shaun, I only understood about half of what you said my friend. I have the heater in the water, it keeps the temp at 78° and I can't change it. At night though they keep going into the light covers even though the heater is on all the time, so I'm confused as to why they do that

Do you have caves they can hide in? Perhaps that will keep them out of the lights...?

I do have caves, yes. They're jumping into this thing during the night, one always sits on top of the bulb

image-1756069969.jpg

My one frog just looked really bloated a minute ago but went back to his regular shape. Its the one I guessed was a male, what's up with that?

image-780901541.jpg

Back
Top Bottom