my adf ate my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ibn219

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
1½" African dwarf frog ate my neon tetra at least as long as he was. Little bastard those are my favorite fish.

ibn219 said:
1½" African dwarf frog ate my neon tetra at least as long as he was. Little bastard those are my favorite fish.

I find this odd? I've never heard or experienced a ADF eat anything other than small flake food. You may have an young African Clawed Frog :(

Nope hes only a 1½ long i was fasting him because he had a bulge in his stomach was only feeding him peas so he ate a neon tetra instead

I feed him small earthworms cut into ½ inch pieces

He has eaten ghost shrimp as well anything he can catch he's getting smarter too watched him today he sits at the bottom and tries to ambush them . Most are to big i thought the neons were too but somehow he managed they ate as lond as he is how did he swallow it i dont know

You were right went to identify him and it is indeed a acf my lfs is the best in the area he only carries tropical fish and exotics and must have been fooled. But my acf does not have webbed front feet. He is very small and some sites said he would reach adulthood in 10 -12 months some say 2-3 years. I have 2 neons left and 3 glow light tetras and some guppies all might be in danger. My white skirt and glass tetras are still too big but he's closing fast on the male glass tetras being smaller than the female. I feed him 2x a day hopefully he's too full to eat anyone else

ibn219 said:
You were right went to identify him and it is indeed a acf my lfs is the best in the area he only carries tropical fish and exotics and must have been fooled. But my acf does not have webbed front feet. He is very small and some sites said he would reach adulthood in 10 -12 months some say 2-3 years. I have 2 neons left and 3 glow light tetras and some guppies all might be in danger. My white skirt and glass tetras are still too big but he's closing fast on the male glass tetras being smaller than the female. I feed him 2x a day hopefully he's too full to eat anyone else

Acf's front claws aren't webbed. Its just the backs that are.

Acf's front claws aren't webbed. Its just the backs that are.

I called my lfs he said it is indeed a DWARF African clawed frog not a dwarf frog he specializes in exotics and assured me they are real

Back
Top Bottom