Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Aquatic Reptiles, Amphibians & Herpetology
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-07-2018, 04:33 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Northern green frog

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1587.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	311210Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1581.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	311211

My northern green frog he is about 2Ē-3Ē long I feed him any insect I can get my hands on like spiders, earth worms, grasshoppers, crickets, meal worms.

Would super worms be safe for him to eat?

And I am going to be making some changes to his home soon. I was going to divide the tank to half land and half water. But I should I have more land than water. Or more water than land ?

Old 12-08-2018, 08:39 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Is this the same one you posted as a tadpole/ semi-frog a few months back?
At first I thought superworms were just larger mealworms but they are a different species of beetle larvae. They are popular in the reptile feed sector. As for feeding frogs, I did see a post in Reddit that suggested not to feed them. Something about ďthe larvae will burrow and cause damage to the stomach prior to dying...Ē. Not sure of the validity of this but the recommendation was to stick with mealworms, crickets, and grasshoppers.
Post a pic of the current setup if you get a chance.

Old 12-08-2018, 11:50 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2o View Post
Is this the same one you posted as a tadpole/ semi-frog a few months back?
At first I thought superworms were just larger mealworms but they are a different species of beetle larvae. They are popular in the reptile feed sector. As for feeding frogs, I did see a post in Reddit that suggested not to feed them. Something about ďthe larvae will burrow and cause damage to the stomach prior to dying...Ē. Not sure of the validity of this but the recommendation was to stick with mealworms, crickets, and grasshoppers.
Post a pic of the current setup if you get a chance.

Yes that was me. The frogs did turn out to be northern green frogs but the brown on escaped and was not found until last week ... it was not pleasant... ok I have the picture below. Ok so I will avoid super worms. I asked because I canít get earthworms in my area this time of year and I have to throw in like 6 meal worms to equal up to one earthworm lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0296.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	311214  

Tags
frog, green

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Anole feeding? | - »