Northern green frog tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

parsons483

Aquarium Advice Activist
I’m planning to do up another tank for my northern green frog. I want to make into half land half water but I am not sure what to use for filtration especially where when the frog poops it’s quite large but if I have to take it out my self I’m fine with that. He is currently in a tank that has a deep water dish. Would this filter be fine to use? IMG_1415.jpg it something similar or is there something some can recommend?

I have that exact filter. I set it up as my CO2 diffuser. I bought it in a multi-tank acquisition with a few other small pumps. Just testing it in the sink, it can throw a column of water about 5 or 6 in under its own power. I think it will be ample for a 10 gallon container.

I have that exact filter. I set it up as my CO2 diffuser. I bought it in a multi-tank acquisition with a few other small pumps. Just testing it in the sink, it can throw a column of water about 5 or 6 in under its own power. I think it will be ample for a 10 gallon container.

Ok thank you :). How does it do with ammonia

Ok thank you :). How does it do with ammonia

I'm not sure what you mean. It has a internal foam filter with several screens before it passes though the power head.

Since I'm using it as a CO2 diffuser I have modified it to take an air hose from the bottom. I have some adjustments to do because the CO2 builds up in the body until it blows. I guess just orienting it vertically would do the trick. I like the low profile horizontal profile.

Back
Top Bottom