Painted Turtle Care?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bettababe1011

Aquarium Advice Addict
My little brother brought home a painted turtle from when he went golfing. Considering he's eight and only comes over every other weekend, I'm going to be the main caretaker for the turtle. I've been looking online and have an idea of what to do, but was hoping there would be some good advice that people here could give me. Thanks!

Painted turtles are easy to care for. Use a 13 watt light for now. The turtle will eat pellets or baby guppies.

Any chance you could post a picture of the turtle? My gf just moved in with me and has a turtle her son brought home with them from the river some time ago. I have been doing aquariums for a while and she has no idea what she's doing with the turtle. It eats pellets readily, but I can't help thinking it needs a light of.some kind. I believe its a painted also, but not sure. Just trying to figure out what's.up, as I take animal care taking quite seriously and as its in my house now I want what's best!

Pipedreamer86 said:
Any chance you could post a picture of the turtle? My gf just moved in with me and has a turtle her son brought home with them from the river some time ago. I have been doing aquariums for a while and she has no idea what she's doing with the turtle. It eats pellets readily, but I can't help thinking it needs a light of.some kind. I believe its a painted also, but not sure. Just trying to figure out what's.up, as I take animal care taking quite seriously and as its in my house now I want what's best!

U need a UVB light and a heat lamp for it. Temp should be in the 90-100 degree range on a basking platform that allows the turtle to completely dry off. What kind of turtle is it? This is important for tank size and if it is indeed an aquatic turtle as sometimes u can catch box turtles swimming in the water.

Back
Top Bottom