Palaudarium Build(?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm looking to make either a 20 or 29 gallon into a frog tank. I want either tree frogs or dart frogs but I'm not a fan of green tree frogs or red-eyes, more interested in black eyed tree frogs. I'm assuming combining one or two dart frogs with one or two black eyes would be a bad idea?
Also, how many frogs could I possibly have in either tank? I defiantly want a water area of 3-5 inches, surrounded partially by land on either side, with a rocky background. Sand substrate in the water with live plants, live plants and vines on the land area, driftwood, and I've no idea what the substrate should be for the land area. Please help!

So I'm curious, is this build actually going to happen or is it just hypothetical?

This might help you with some of the ideas.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f72/wy-renegades-30gal-paludarium-192117.html

I personally wouldn't mix the dart frogs and the tree frogs. The problem with using dart frogs is that they prefer to have leaf litter for ground cover to hide under. Having leaf litter will limit your planting areas and space for new growth in a planted set-up. You also need to decide what the humidity is going to be in the set up and how you plan to maintain it. Too high of humidity will eliminate a few of the tree frogs. White's tree frogs are pretty active, diurnal, grow to a nice size, and like humidity in the 80's. They are extremely easy to care for, however, make sure the tank has a good solid lid on it as they are escape artists.

Probably going to happen, very likely to
Thanks for the info!

You are welcome, if you get further into it and have questions feel free to ask. If it does happen, we do of course expect to see pictures ;).

Wy Renegade said:
You are welcome, if you get further into it and have questions feel free to ask. If it does happen, we do of course expect to see pictures ;).

Lol of course
I did some reading and have found out that I don't really need and aquatic portion, so I may kick that part completely, or do a small area of water, like 6"x6"x 1 1/2-2 in deep

Back
Top Bottom