Plants with RES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ilminded

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have a tank with a baby RES. I'm feeding some Endler guppies, that I'm breeding in a 10 gallon planted, to the turtle so I have them and turtle in the tank. I currently have rocks, plastic wood log and some plastic plants. I have some Amazon dwarf hair grass and Moneywort I can easily put in, from the 10 gallon planted. Was seeing if they will be ok until I get some Duckweed.

Hahaha I'm not sure if your looking to keep the plants in there, because if you are it's a real struggle, I have a 100 gallon tank with a 9 year old painted turtle and one of my newly hatched RES babies and the two of them frustrate me more than any animal I've ever owned, the painted turtle eats any other living thing that goes in the tank and the RES eats any plant that goes in, RES love to munch on tank plants and he will eat anything you put in there, so if your looking to feed him with these plants, yes he'll love them! Haha

Yes I have a 10 gallon where I have Endler guppies, 3 assorted Cory's and pond snails with Moneywort, dwarf amazon sword grass (some of which is in the the turtle tank now) and red Wendtii. I am putting some Endlers in turtle tank when their numbers are too high and was thinking of duckweed to grow in 10 gallon to put in turtle tank once others are eaten.

Back
Top Bottom