Pleco identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
L30", w12", h18"*
if thats the biggest you got and it is a common then yes it be too small ...but as you say its only 4 and half inches you maybe able to keep it a bit longer to see if it grows any bigger as it could be a bnp that wont get any bigger tbh if it grows probably another 3 inch its a common ....we got a 4 ft tank that our common is in but we only going to be keeping it until it gets too big but its still small even though its about 8 inch max maybe atm

if thats the biggest you got and it is a common then yes it be too small ...but as you say its only 4 and half inches you maybe able to keep it a bit longer to see if it grows any bigger as it could be a bnp that wont get any bigger tbh if it grows probably another 3 inch its a common ....we got a 4 ft tank that our common is in but we only going to be keeping it until it gets too big but its still small even though its about 8 inch max maybe atm
actually its about 6 inch max ....does yours constantly poo and got long poo around the tank or is it just small bits here and there if you can see any

Im not really sure what its poop looke like. I think that it might have longer and thinner poop but it may also be my khulis who do that.

It's a common. I just returned mine to the lfs after 2 years. Worthless thing IMO. Would just eat the wafers I fed him and never cleaned the tank. If he didn't have his water he ate my plants.

I feed mine (I have a female bristlenose) Zucchini, potatoes and cucumber. She has very tiny bristles. That looks like a common I would get rid of it sooner rather than later. I have no idea why LFS even sell those.

I feed mine (I have a female bristlenose) Zucchini, potatoes and cucumber. She has very tiny bristles. That looks like a common I would get rid of it sooner rather than later. I have no idea why LFS even sell those.
For people with ponds is about the only logical reason

Yup our *baby* sailfin pleco which we were told would get big but probably stay stunted in a smaller tank is now 15" & I swear still growing?It has moved tanks several times as it grew and is now in the 125g cichlid tank but not for long if it keeps growing & unfortunately I live in Northern Ontario, Canada so putting it in the pond is NOT an option unless I plan to use it as a euthanasia method

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom