Redoing dart frog setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bribo12

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tonight ill be redoing my dart frog setup with a false bottom and such as I am going to the hamburg reptile expo Saturday. Just curious if anyone is interested in following along. Ill post pics of the current setup ( pretty gross lol) and updated pics as I redo it.

I'm following along I have always wanted to have poison dart frogs they are such neat little animals...it was especially neat being able to see some blue jean ones out in their native habitat this summer

Here's a pic of the old setup and the little bugger whose getting the new setup
CM3LHO9.jpg
[/IMG]
iPsbICb.jpg
[/IMG]

It's a drainage layer so the substrate doesn't become saturated. It's basically what I messed up in old system haha. The tank is done let me get an updated pic up

Here's the new tank. I'll be getting a bunch of plants and maybe another frog saturday at the show (y)
CpVAg3j.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's the new tank. I'll be getting a bunch of plants and maybe another frog saturday at the show (y)[/IMG]

That looks way different and very clean! BTW your pics don't show up on the app? I have to open in the browser. No biggy though

That looks way different and very clean! BTW your pics don't show up on the app? I have to open in the browser. No biggy though

Hmm weird I can see them on the app. That's odd but yeah I like the new look so much better without that huge bromeliad in the way. I'm gonna try and grab some riccia fluitans to plant in it as well.

Hmm weird I can see them on the app. That's odd but yeah I like the new look so much better without that huge bromeliad in the way. I'm gonna try and grab some riccia fluitans to plant in it as well.

That will look amazing!!!

Yeah I'm excited haha. Thanks :). Ill definitely get some updates after the show!

I wish I had awesome shows like that by me!!! I would go every single time, I almost turned my 75g tank into a terrarium

Haha you should have! A well planted terrarium gives any aquarium a run for it's money!

Well ill be going to the show tomorrow and will update when I get back :). Hopefully i come home with more plants and another frog

Well it is looking good so far a few more plants will definitely make it look awesome...and is that the recommended number of frogs you should have in that sized setup?

Thanks! I can only have two of the species I have otherwise there'd be aggression. It's a 20 long btw

Looking good. But could use more greenery. But they're never finished. I just changed my vivarium around today. Nice to see different things.

What do fish say when they hit a wall? ...... Dam!

Yeah ill be getting some wall climbing plants and ground cover plants tomorrow

Got a new frog and plant! Just ordered a bunch more plants from Josh's frogs.
Will get some pics of the little guy tomorrow when the lights come on
Plants I got
Pilea depressant "baby tears"
Wandering jew purple
Neoregalia "Chiquita Linda"
Neoregalia " tiger cub"

Back
Top Bottom