Res tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

creno9210

Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay so this little guy came with rhe tank I bought a month or so ago.

The tank is always nasty looking.

Can anyone reccoment a reasonable priced (cannister) filter for this type of tank ?

It's a 35 gallon.
There are two little cute gold fish in there. He ate 6 of them as soon as I put them in.
Saved two and put them in my main tank because they're so adorable. He's got two in his tank. Useless info I know. But they're so adorable.

Anyways. The tank is pissing me off. Doing 50 percent water change every 2 days to keep it clear looking..

Helpppppp.

Anyone? Internal cannister filter ? No?

29 gallon~ 5 giant danio, pleco, chinese algae eater
35 gallon~ red ear slider, soon to add guppys and shrimps

Sorry no recommendations on a cheap filter, but I've never seen an internal canister filter. Canisters are external from what I know.

Side note, 2 goldfish into the main tank isn't really useless info. If they're feeders, I'd take them back out of your main tank as they are generally pretty nasty (disease loaded) fish and I wouldn't risk contaminating a nice DT with them. Also they're cold water and tank size will become an issue if you plan to keep them any length of time.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

There are no internal cannister ones? ****....

I'm not returning them. They're so ****ing adorable I can't help it.
D: should I take them out of my main tank and put those two with my other 2 in the turtle tank? I didn't know they were nasty. They're just so adorable I'm in love.
My giant danios have accepted them it's so cute.
I could just put them back in the turtle tank.
I'm sure after eating 6 fish in one day they will be safe for maybe a week.

Thank you.

29 gallon~ 5 giant danio, pleco, chinese algae eater, two feeder gold fish because adorable
35 gallon~ red ear slider, two feeder goldfish left..

Yea, sorry. No internal canisters. It's either one or the other. Here's an article that may help about the feeders. http://somethingfishy84.hubpages.com/hub/Feeder-Goldfish-and-Aquarium-Predators

Now depending on what species it is, you'd be looking at anywhere from a 30-40g min up to 180g for goldies.

http://completegoldfishcare.com/goldfish-tank/goldfish-tank/

-or-

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=900+1499+1041&pcatid=1041

Hope it helps a bit.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Oops I should just say I'm only keeping them for one year. We will be stationed somewhere in a year and won't be able to take the fish

29 gallon~ 5 giant danio, pleco, chinese algae eater, two feeder gold fish because adorable

Spend the money on a good canister filter, i have a res turtle in a 120g tank with a home made turtle dock on top of the tank running a fluval fx6 filter, it keeps the water crystal clear, spent about $285 brand new. I had a zoo med 501, spent $100 on it and it was garbage. I had it in a 40g before i upgraded to the 120g and fx6, i dont know how big your RES is but you'll definitely want to get a bigger tank soon, at least a 75 gallon, mine is about 8 inches right now, i keep a few rosy reds in there for the turtle to catch when he feels like it. i also have a 6 month old koi fish in there too, ill be moving it to a pond in about another 8 months to a year, my turtle doesn't try to bite the koi anymore at all, first day he tried for about an hour and gave up, my koi is about 4 inches long

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

But a good canister filter is a must for a turtle

This is my tank right now.
I do 50 percent water changes 3 times a week.
The filter I have was cheap as ****.. but seems to be doing a good job.

My husband would kill me if I spent 200 on a filter. We have a one and a half year old so money is tight. Haha.

Thank you. I'm only keeping him for this year so I won't need a bigger tank.. but I do want a bigger one!

Attachments

• 1424842545716.jpg
    1424842545716.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 90
These guys were saved also!!
Now they are in 40gB tank
Each about 5lbs
Eat 2 cans of peas a WK
3yrs old

Sent from my LGLS740 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have 3 red eared sliders they are so messy. I set up 2 internal filters on each side of the tank so the water flow is stronger that helped

I use a HOT Magnum 220 I got off eBay for my 3 RES. The water is clear and ammonia free and that is in a crowded tank (20L). Currently scouring craigslist for a 55G or 75G.

Back
Top Bottom