Rescued 2 turtles.. Need advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is the one on the left a RES or red eared slider? It looks like the one I used to have...maybe...

Make sure you get a uvb bulb, 5-10% and a basking lamp, just a 60w light bulb. UVB helps them turn calcium into shell as well as other stuff. Reptomin sticks are great for aquatic turtles, and provide all they need in terms of nutrition and calcium, and a treat once a week of worms, either earth worms, blood worms, meil worms. The one with the yellow stripes looks suspiciously like a my musk turtle, if he was older.

Yes, or as mentioned a bag from lowes/home depot...watch him though as that neck is longer than it appears and they are fast.

Ok thank you guys. As of right now I have them in one of those huge rubbermaid things. There is sand on the bottom deep enough to where the softie can burrow into it. I also have a floating log and the lights hanging over that were mentioned. All I have been able to get them to eat so far is worms. I named them Pedro and Gonzo :) lol.

My cousin said the house where they came from kept them in one of those small hospital bath pans and never changed water or fed them so i'm really glad I got them. They seem alot more active than when they arrived so I think they are happy :)

Well good job saving them!!! Also great set up started(y) I bet they'll live a very happy life:D

I hope so :)

I had to seperate them because the softie got bit by the other turtle when I fed them. His lip is torn now and part hangs off :( Will that heal? I feel terrible about it... I immediately moved him to a seperate tub and i'm getting him his own lights and basking log monday. He is actually way more active now so not sure if maybe the other turtle bullied him and I just now caught it??? :-/

Back
Top Bottom