Second dwarf frog death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
Our first frog we thought got into our filter area in the tank and stressed itself to death. We got another like 10 days later and it was thriving. All over the place eating pellets and worms and swimming like mad.
Today though we found him dead out of no where.
I thought it was shedding but after doing some reading the shed want like it should have been and possibly was a fungus infection chytrid.
Just a guess.
The shed was more like flaking skin and not large areas like a read they should be.
If it was this infection would it hurt the fish in the tank and if not how long should we wait for it to die off this time before we get another frog?
This is a 5 gallon planned tank and all the levels are perfect.
Im thinking the first frog might have infected the tank transmitting it to the second.
Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What other tank mates? Sounds like a disease, possibly bacterial or fungus, or just harassment from other tank mates.

Nils

A guppy And two pea puffers. I know its not harassment as everything was afraid of it.
My guess was a fungus because of the strange shed it was doing and she started hanging at the top more.
How long should we wait for the bac or fungus to die before getting another

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Please go to yaho groups and look for "froggyfriends" and "AfricanDwarfFrogs"

Great groups with great moderators who will help you anytime, day or night..,,
I lost a few frogs before I found them but they walked me thru everything

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks I just found another frog forum but my comment there has like 50 views and no responses. I'll try those

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you email me offline I'll have one of the admins contact you and give specific info on resching group etc but in the meantime they can also help you too. My email is peg@yruegas.com

Is it possible that the pea puffers are harassing or nipping the frogs causing them to get sick?. Just a thought, I have never kept either species. Alison

How often do you change the water ?

Sent from my LGLS740 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

MrsBigE can they help me w/ her legs

Sent from my LGLS740 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1425667573933.jpg
    1425667573933.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 100
Back
Top Bottom