Sick ADF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

InvalidCiclid

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My African Dwarf frog has something really odd I have been unable to figure out what is going on and how to treat it. At first it was just a little layer of skin peeling so I wasn't concerned as it was eating fine. It is still eating and acting normal but the skin is still being eaten away... And just keeps getting bigger. Please help. Do I need to euthanize or can it be treated?IMG_20171020_215336.jpg

Did you have a pleco in the tank with him? Sometimes they can suck the slime coat off a fish and the round wound makes me wonder.

I do not have a pleco in the tank.
Tank mates:
2 cherry Barb's
2 neon tetras
3 black skirt tetras
3 Mollies

Ok, thats good. What are your water parameters like..ammonia,nitrite,nitrates,pH? Is your tank cycled? How often do you do water changes?

I'm not a frog guy, but I'll see if I can help.

Last edited:
All parameters are good. Water changes are once a week on Sundays. Today it looks worse. Like it's gotten bigger and more skin is gone. I moved him into his own fish bowl to see if I can get it to heal.

How big of water changes?
What does parameters are good measure? That information will help us figure out whats wrong.

Back
Top Bottom