Sick ADF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jarobinson921

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there. I'm reaching out for help with my sick African Dwarf Frog. I just got him about 2 months ago, and he was young and healthy. Just about 2 weeks ago I noticed he had two white spots on his nose.They alsmost looked like blisters or pimples. I immediately isolated him in a small tank and began antifungal treatment. I noticed no difference in his appearance after a week of treatment. Still eating and acting normally. Since it didn't clear up with the antifungal, I tried a antibacterial solution for a week. The only difference with the spot now is that it appears they merged together. Also, yesterday he started to get bloated, so I stopped feeding him. I checked the water quality too and it's ok. I'm at a loss for what I should do for him. I think the antibacterial treatment is messing with his overall health, so I want to stop that. What should I do for him now?

If I were you, I’d check parameters and have pristine water quality. Not an ADF expert so I hope someone with more knowledge comes along.

Update:
I cleaned out the old water and put in water from my established aquariums moved him downstairs so his water is a little cooler, and restarted the fungal treatment. Unfortunately he's looking worse. He is having trouble swimming and the infection blew up overnight. Any more suggestions?

Oh no! I just saw your post. Did your little guy survive?

Unfortunately he did not survive. I'm just glad I caught it in time for my whole aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom