Sudden ACF Sickness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jerm174

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,
I have a 16 y/o albino ACF who has never had any problems over the years but has suddenly gotten very sick. He is almost skin and bones now and is very lethargic. He kicks every now and then but I have since reduced the water level to a few inches so that he does not exude too much energy staying afloat. I noticed several red speckles on his legs last night, which have now also progressed to his head. His skin is shedding a lot.
I've bought Melafix but haven't seen any change in state in the past 12 hours. This is happening so quickly and I can't help but feel overwhelmed and hopeless. I'd be appreciative of any advice the community might have for me!

~5g tank. No tank mates. Recently did a large water change - this might be my big mistake, however I've done this several times in the past with no consequences.

Any improvement? If you try the advanced search function on webpage there may be some older threads. Unfortunately never kept these.

Back
Top Bottom