TADPOLES

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

felipe

Aquarium Advice Regular
I know this isn't really fish related, but it is aqarium related. i bought a tadpole about 4 months ago. It was like 1 inch when i bought it, and i raised it to like 2.5 inches. It is starting to grow legs and stuff haha. I need to know, when will i know when it is ready to come out on to land. haha i am clueless about this thing. Do i need any special rocks or food? sombody HELP!

im not very knowledgable about tadpoles/frogs but i would setup a small tank with land and water///// that way it can decide when to come on land and hop around.

:)

sounds like a good idea. (the whole land/water thing) but you bought a tadpole? do i dare ask how much? wow, i used to go get them from a stream that i have that runs through my neighborhood back when i was in school and i had to collect some for science class. although, needless to say, the poor critters never ended up to the hopping stage. :(

Well, if it's growing front legs, it's nearing its end to its tadpole stage and I would make the tank half land and half water so it can decide to hop on land when it wants to. I watched toads still with their tails hop on land and was the greatest sight. And I wouldn't try to feed it when it gets its front legs because its tail becomes its nutrition.

Back
Top Bottom